Thank you for your interest in joining the 2021 SevenDays® Kindness Youth Leadership Team!
Applications are due Thursday, October 8th. Accepted members will be notified via email by Friday, October 9th. Our first meeting will be Thursday, October 15th at 5:30 p.m. via Zoom – the link will be sent via email prior to the meeting. Contact Jill Andersen with any questions.
KYLT Job Description & Responsibilities:
In order to be accepted to our team, the following requirements must be met:
- Be a current high school student.
- Attend monthly SevenDays® committee meetings. Meetings will either be live (mostly in Lenexa, KS) or virtually via Zoom.
- Co-chair a committee or event with an adult leader, which will require:
- Separate meetings at an agreed upon time with your adult co-chair and committee members
- Time to communicate with outside vendors (ex. – host site), collect needed materials, and other duties as needed
- Attend KYLT meetings/activities/community service events – approximately once per month from October – April.
- Communicate SevenDays® activities with your school community (administration or club) and encourage school participation through provided spirit week ideas, lesson plans, button distribution, etc.
- Speaking at school assemblies and/or to media is something that might be asked of you. Additionally, we may ask you to present SevenDays® to your school administrators with an adult mentor.
- Promote SevenDays® on your personal social media.
- Attend at least two events during SevenDays® in April 2021.
- Help lead the pre-walk activities- includes: interview charities on stage, help with registration, “excitement building”, walk, etc. at the Walk on April 25th, 2021.
- Ability to communicate promptly (within 24 hours) to any communication (email, text, groupme, etc.) regarding SevenDays®. Excluding holidays and times when school is scheduled to be out of session.