Make A Ripple, Change The World Essay Competition Application
Applications must be submitted by Thursday, January 21st, 2021. Winners will be notified via email in early February.
Contact Meredith Webster with any questions.
- Answer the questions:
- What is your kindness project? – who, what, when…
- How did it/does it make a ripple to change the world?
- How did the ripple impact you and others?
- Have a Title for the project
- Include up to 3 photographs and/or 1 video (30- 90 seconds)
- Adherence to theme, demonstrating substantial supporting details
- Reflects personal insight and uses a unique writing style
- Includes information from resources, including pertinent data and direct quotes from participants
- Include the duration of your project- ongoing? for a specific amount of time? etc.
- Include why you chose this project. What is its meaning to you?
- Correct grammar, spelling and punctuation
- Typed, double spaced in size 12 font
- Between 800–1,200 words
- Proper citations- any citation styles are accepted, but citations must be consistent
- Submitted via the online application located below
- Five post-high school scholarships will be awarded at our LOVE day event on Tuesday April 13, 2021. You will need to attend this event.
- Each winner will be asked to help us promote your act of kindness in a variety of ways which might include:
- being interviewed by local media
- allowing us to interview you on video to share on our social media outlets
- attending events, such as our press conference to highlight your project
- other methods of showcasing your success in making ripples of kindness