Jewish Community Center of Greater Kansas City
Please read through for information on the SevenDays events taking place the week of April 18 – April 24. If you are new to The J and are not aware, SevenDays is an organization started by Mindy Corporon that promotes interfaith dialogue by engaging all people to discover commonalities and overcome evil with acts of kindness.
Below are several ways The J will be participating, as well as ways that you can participate individually.
- Each staff member will receive a SevenDays button to wear from April 18-24. Your supervisor will have them to hand out next week.
- Tuesday, April 18 is the day of Love. A day to show appreciation. We will be giving out fruit at the MED desk, CDC and reception desk with a note about supporting SevenDays, and gratitude for our members. I will bring by fruit on Monday so it is ready for Tuesdayam.
- Tuesday April 18 – CDC will parade through the Heritage Center with cards to hand out to senior members.
- Thursday, April 20th is the day of Others; a day to give of yourself to others. Please consider bringing a donation to the JFS food pantry. They are in need of canned and dried fruit, toilet paper and shampoo. CDC and ASK/AKK will also share the information with their families.
- Saturday, April 22 is the GO day, a day for physical well-being. CrossFit is going to do a WOD in honor of Reat. I will have special buttons for you to wear.
- Monday April 24 – Onward. This year the walk will be held at Union Station. If you would like to participate, you can register at http://givesevendays.org/walk/
- We will have a large poster displayed in the lobby that highlights each day’s theme with photos from The J. If you take any photos, please send them to me or Jill to display. Attached is the list of days and themes.
- Post on social media with your button and any activities you do to promote SevenDays. #GiveSevenDays #myjkc
- To view other events around the city: http://givesevendays.org/