2018 SevenDays® Songwriting Competition Finalists
2017 SevenDays® Songwriting Competition Finalists
- 1st Place – Under the Sun by Gracie Schram
- 2nd Place – Preaching to the Choir by Ryan Beard
- 3rd Place – Reign of Love by Simon Couch
2016 SevenDays® Songwriting Competition Finalists
- 1st Place – Pressure by Tanner Qualls
- 2nd Place – Rise by Ethan Ridings
- 3rd Place – The Answer by Reilly Donnelly
SevenDays® Make a Ripple, Change the World Scholarships
Congratulations to our FIVE Kindness Scholarship winners!
Each of these high school seniors was awarded $1,000 for their Ripple of Kindness.
We graciously thank Cleveland University –KC for underwriting these scholarships.
- Sarah Stowe Eskilson – BV Southwest
- Rachel Li – Olathe South
- Madelyn Reihs – Raymore-Peculiar
- Gracie Schram – BV North
- Will Sharpe – BV Northwest
Awards and Prizes
The Faith, Love & Song awards will be presented at the SevenDays Kick Off on April 10, 2018. Finalists and Winners are recognized before those attending the day of Love Celebration. This year’s competition will see over $8,000 in scholarships presented to our Winners.
Grand Prize Winner
One official Faith, Love & Song First Place Winner will be announced on the night of April 10, 2018. This award will be selected from on-line voting and judges scores.
The First Place Winner shall receive the $5,000 scholarship.
Winner’s song will be used to represent the message of SevenDays™ and Faith Always Wins on their websites for two years following announcement of winning song, for marketing and promotional purposes.
Second Place Winner shall receive a $2,500 scholarship.
Third Place Winner shall receive a $1,000 scholarship.
The screening committee composed of music professionals and songwriters will choose up to ten of the top best songwriting entries. Songs will be judged on expression of the theme: promoting acceptance and kindness, originality, and musicality.
Finalists will be notified by March 1, 2018 via email. At that time, each finalist will have until March 23, 2018 to provide a video of his or her song. The finalists’ videos will be made public for online voting. Voting will take place from March 26, 2018 through April 3, 2018.
Choosing the top 10: Judges scored songs on 50% Lyrics, 25% Melody and 25% Composition for a total of 100%.
Choosing the top 3: 70% Judges score and 30% Youtube Likes from the United States for a total of 100%. Purchased likes will not be counted.
Rules and Guidelines
By participating in the Faith, Love & Song Songwriting Competition (the “Competition”), produced by SevenDays and Faith Always Wins (the “Producers” all entrants agree to and shall abide by the following rules and guidelines.
- The Competition is open to all amateur songwriters (“Entrants”) born between October 31, 1996 and October 31, 2003 (ages 14 – 21). Employees of the Producers, their families, subsidiaries, and affiliates are not eligible. If an entrant is under 18 years old, the listing of parent’s/guardian’s email will constitute parent/guardian permission to enter. Entrants must not have any type of current talent representation such as, but not limited to, a talent agency or manager, recording contract, merchandising agreement, or any other contractual arrangement that would prohibit you from entering into a management contract, recording contract or merchandising contract.
- Previous first place winners of the songwriting competition are not eligible to compete.
- Songs submitted shall inspire others to be accepting of others regardless of racial, religious or cultural differences.
- There is no entry fee.
- Entrants may enter multiple songs.
- No prior song submissions will be accepted.
- Songs may have multiple co-writers. All co – writers must be listed in the entry process. If applicable, scholarships will be divided evenly between co-writers.
- Any and all submissions must be original compositions and the sole work of the writer(s) listed. Entries that violate copyright laws, trademarks, intellectual property rights, other federal or state laws, or general ethical standards of amateur or professional songwriting are prohibited and will be immediately disqualified. Plagiarized entries will also be immediately disqualified. The Producers shall in no way be held liable for any such legal action that results from unlawful or restricted entries.
- The Producers reserve the right to extend entry deadlines and make any necessary changes, postponements or cancellations in event scheduling. The Producers reserves the right to disqualify and/or exclude, in their sole and absolute discretion, any individual from the Competition for any reason or no reason at all including without limitation, violation of any portion of these rules, or tampering with the entry or process.
- By entering the Competition, entrant and /or their parents or legal guardian (if such entrant is a minor) agree to accept and be bound by the decisions of the Producers, judges and voting public. All decisions are final and binding. Except where prohibited by law, as a condition of participating in this Competition, entrant agrees that (1) any and all disputes and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Competition, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action lawsuit, and exclusively by final and binding arbitration in Kansas City, Missouri; and (2) judgment upon such arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. Under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys’ fees, other than contestant’s actual out-of- pocket expenses, and entrant and/or parent or legal guardian further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased, with liquidated damages not to exceed more than one dollar ($1.00). All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrants and Sponsors in connection with this Competition, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of the State of Missouri, USA. Entrant agrees to be bound by all terms of these official Rules and Regulations.
- Entries may be submitted starting November 18, 2017 through February 15, 2018. Songs uploaded through the online submission system must be in one of the following formats: MP3, WAV, or MP4. The Producers are not responsible for faulty file uploads accompanying online entries
- Up to 10 finalists will be selected by a panel of judges and will be notified by phone and email by March 1, 2018. Each finalist must sign and return an affidavit of eligibility/recording rights/publicity release within 14 days of notification date. The affidavit will state that the finalist’s song is original work and he or she holds all rights to song. Failure to sign and return the affidavit within 14 days or provision of false or inaccurate information therein will result in immediate disqualification and an alternate finalist will be selected. Affidavits for finalists under 18 years of age at time of notification must be countersigned by parent or legal guardian.
- Finalists must provide a video of their song by March 23, 2018. Through YouTube, the public will vote on the finalists’ songs between March 26 – April 3, 2018. Winners will be determined by a total of 70% judges scoring and 30% US likes on YouTube. No purchased likes will be counted.
- The winner, second and third place will be announced at the SevenDays Kick Off on April 10, 2018. The top three (3) winners may be asked to perform or have another performer present their winning song at the Kick Off on April 10, 2018.
- Writer retain all rights to submitted songs and lyrics. The Producers will not sell or reproduce any entry for the purposes of sale and do not claim any ownership or rights to any entry The Producers shall have the right to feature the top 3 songs on their websites, promotional and marketing materials for two years from the date the winners are announced.
- All taxes are the responsibility of winner/s.
- Entrant acknowledges that all entries may be distributed to judges and online via YouTube and entrant agrees to release, indemnify, and hold the Competition, the Producers, and judges harmless for liability, damages, or claims for injury or loss to any person or property relating to, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, participation in the Competition. Entrants agree to be bound by all terms of these official Rules and Regulations. All federal, state, local laws and regulations apply.
BY ENTERING THE COMPETITION YOU AND/OR PARENT/GUARDIAN AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS SET FORTH ABOVE