2018 SevenDays® Songwriting Competition
RRACE and Faith Always Wins are looking for songwriters ages 14 – 21 to compose songs around the subject of racial, religious, and/or cultural equality and acceptance.
Following the tragic events that took place in April 2014 at the Jewish Community Campus and Village Shalom, two foundations were created: RRACE (Racial and Religious Acceptance and Cultural Equality) and Faith Always Wins. The hope of these two organizations is for this competition to promote understanding tolerance and acceptance through the arts, starting with this songwriting competition.
Deadline for song submissions is February 15, 2018.
Winners will be announced at the SevenDays Kick Off April 10, 2018.
Submissions for the 2018 competition are now closed.
2017 SevenDays® Songwriting Competition Finalists
- 1st Place – Under the Sun by Gracie Schram
- 2nd Place – Preaching to the Choir by Ryan Beard
- 3rd Place – Reign of Love by Simon Couch
2016 SevenDays® Songwriting Competition Finalists
- 1st Place – Pressure by Tanner Qualls
- 2nd Place – Rise by Ethan Ridings
- 3rd Place – The Answer by Reilly Donnelly
SevenDays® Make a Ripple, Change the World Scholarships
Congratulations to our FIVE Kindness Scholarship winners!
Each of these high school seniors was awarded $1,000 for their Ripple of Kindness.
We graciously thank Cleveland University –KC for underwriting these scholarships.
- Sarah Stowe Eskilson – BV Southwest
- Rachel Li – Olathe South
- Madelyn Reihs – Raymore-Peculiar
- Gracie Schram – BV North
- Will Sharpe – BV Northwest